We have often been asked what is the primary advantage to using Outline versus MS OneNote? It’s a fair question, especially when you are looking for not only note-taking solution, but an ideal helper in everyday life. We have found even more than one benefit and prepared an interesting story entitled Outline vs. OneNote. Well, let’s find out the whole truth:
1) Outline’s interface is much clear-cut and user-friendly, and keeps a well-liked structure of the real paper book – notebooks, sections, groups of sections and pages to order notes as complex or simple as you like. This was checked by our users who tried both Outline and OneNote, so they are definitely able to draw fair conclusions.
2) In addition to OneDrive and SharePoint, Outline provides more synchronization options like Dropbox, Box, and iCloud Drive. It’s always better when you have a choice, isn’t it? People are so different and everyone wants to use that solution which is more suitable for their purposes.
3) Outline for Mac can store notebooks locally and iPad version allows to import or export notebooks using iTunes. Such way doesn’t require an internet connection, so you can work with your notebooks in any place, even where there is no internet, should it be airplane or territory outside the town.
4) When security of your information is on the first place, a passcode lock is at your disposal. iPad version allows to protect a whole app, not only sections. You will be offered to use a standard numeric password or Touch ID technology.
5) Unlike OneNote, Outline for Mac is integrated with the OS X platform more deeply. Outline supports such time-saving features as Services, Share Extensions and Print to Outline. You can import text and pictures from Safari or other apps to Outline via contextual menu and Share sheet; convert web pages or images to PDF and print them to Outline as printout or PDF attachment using standard Print dialog window. All these options are irreplaceable and extremely useful when you need to collect information in one place and in a few clicks.
6) Outline for iPad provides a full-fledged handwriting mode. It allows to write notes right in the special zoomed field which navigates through your text within one line. You may simply start the new one when you need, tapping the new-line button. You needn’t worry about the position of your written notes on the page, Outline will do that for you! All text you write in this field is reflected on a page in a smaller size.
7) “And what about price?” you may ask. Yes, OneNote is free, while Outline costs money. However, in this case you get more personalized product. We analyze requests from our users and release new versions with hot features and improvements every month, this allows us to bring fresh opportunities and sort well with the main trends. Our customer support is very responsive and always aims to help you with any questions or issues. Don’t you want to get most comfortable conditions and liberties? We are sure that the answer will be “yes”.
Now you have cleared up that Outline outperforms OneNote in many aspects. So why not test it yourself?